until 31.08. | #2068ARTatBerlin | galerie1214 presents from 26th July 2018 the exhibition „Linie Fläche Raum“ by the artist Roland Dostal. In the framework of the opening on Thursday, 26th July, 6:30 pm, an artist talk with Roland Dostal will take place.
The work of Roland Dostal is carried out at the intersection of different positions, cultures and procedures, from the attitude that the path to truth in art is taken from very different points. Secrecy, development and density are key words for a work which Dostal has been constructing and forming for 30 years.
Dostal is an illustrator, developer, literally a geographer in a wealth of structures whose mapping he drives forward in the often many states of his works on paper, recently on rough bast. In an interview in 2014, after a stay in Asia of several years, Dostal strikingly explained his style of working: “I always work with the ‘fundus’, I work on it for years, and thus it is difficult to distinguish between old and new. The gestures of the 1980s can harmonise with a contemporary language, the old can be new – I am interested in concentration. (…) Whether something is new in a linear sense does not interest me. What happens in the opposite, in the dialogue with the viewer, outside of a concept, this what I find exciting”.
In this sense, Dostal often works with very simple materials and colours in image worlds and out of the ‘pool’ of these pictorial worlds. He claims to be able to discover something about the characteristics of a colour or about the coincidence of patterns that had hitherto not been recognised.
Roland Dostal (*1966) | VITA:
• 1987 Umspannwerk, Singen (D)
• 1988 Adolf Dietrich-Förderpreis; Galerie Susan Mäusli, Zürich
• 1989 Galerie sec 52, Zürich, Helmhaus Zürich
• 1990 Kunstmuseum des Kantons Thurgau, Kartause Ittingen; Video Insel, Uraufführung Kino XeniX, Zürich
• 1991 Videopräsentation von «Insel» u.a. Festival Viper Luzern, Oesterreichische Filmfestspiele Wels, Kunsthalle St. Gallen, Kunstraum Kreuzlingen
• 1993 Preisträger der Internationalen Bodenseekonferenz
• 1994 Kartause Ittingen; Palais Thurn und Taxis, Bregenz
• 1996 de Fabrik, Eindhoven; Galeria Lajos Budapest
• 1997 Kunsthalle, St. Gallen; Kunstverein Konstanz
• 1998 La Station, Nizza
• 2008 Art Museum Wuhan (China)
Mehrjähriger Aufenthalt in Asien
• 2014 Galerie Bleisch, Arbon
• 2017 Kunstraum Kreuzlingen
• 2018 Galerie 1214, Berlin und Bad Dürrheim
Vernissage: Thursday, 26th of July, 2018, 6 to 9 p.m
Ausstellungsdaten: Friday, 27th of July, until Friday, 31st of August, 2018Zur galerie1214
Bildunterschrift Titelbild: Roland Dostal, Untitled, 2017, ca. 21×30 cm, mixed technik on paper
Exhibition Roland Dostal – galerie1214 | Contemporary Art – Zeitgenössische Kunst in Berlin – Exhibitions – Galleries Berlin – ART at Berlin