Haus am Lützowplatz is located in Berlin-Tiergarten. The cultural institution is supported by the art association “Haus am Lützowplatz – Fördererkreis Kulturzentrum Berlin e.V.”, which was founded in 1960 on the initiative of the then Mayor of Berlin, Willy Brandt. The idea was to preserve the city villa on Lützowplatz, built in 1873, as an art venue. The founding members were personalities from the Berlin SPD, the Berlin cultural scene and the trade unions. The association’s statutes focus on the presentation of contemporary visual art as a bridge to political and social reality.
© ART at Berlin: Institution in Berlin: Haus am Lützowplatz