The Mies van der Rohe House, named after its architect, belonged to Karl Lemke, the owner of a graphic printing house and print shop in Berlin, and his wife Martha. It was built in 1932/33 and is architecturally classified as Classical Modernism. Incidentally, it was the last house Mies built before emigrating to America. Together with the garden, nature, the house forms a creative unity on an aesthetic-spiritual level. The house can be visited every day except Mondays, and there are usually so-called Sunday tours of the house, the garden and the exhibition on the first Sunday of each month.
Mies van der Rohe Haus is located in Oberseestraße in Berlin-Weissensee.
Photo: René Müller
© ART@Berlin: Kommunale Galerie in Berlin Mies van der Rohe Haus