Born in Hannover in 1978, Jan Kuck at first studied law, and continued with history and philosophy, in which he obtained a master’s degree. Since 1999 Jan has been occupying himself intensively with a self-study in designing objects as well as the production of conceptual art. He has been living and working in Berlin since 2004.
In his conceptual art he carves out the wit and tragedy of our society in a pointed manner. He therefore subdivided society into multiple fine categories to which he assigns all of his works individually.
His currently favoured materials are concrete and wood, as well as neon and glass. In contrast to conentional conceptual art he attaches great importance to the philosophical foundation of his work as well as their aesthetically immaculate design.
Jan conceptualised his first own gallery exhibition (PACKET-SOUP) in 2012, and displayed his work at SAVVY Contemporary Gallery Berlin attracting extensive media coverage.
In October 2013 he presented his design – the T.TABLE – at JR Gallery Berlin to a selected audience and therefore received considerable national and international press attention.
Since June 2014 Jan Kuck has been represented by Bernheimer Contemporary. Since then he participated together with several other artists at a number of Exhibtions curated by Isabel Bernheimer and took part, at Konrad Bernheimer’s stand at the HIGHLIGHTS – International Art Fair Munich in November 2014 and October 2015. 2015 his work „I want to be an artist too“ was succesfully sold at the benefit auction for the Pinakothek der Moderne. Currently he is preparing national and international solo- & group-exhibitions
The artist is represented in Berlin by the gallery Bernheimer Contemporary.
> To the exhibition
Artistic Curriculum Vitae
- 2016 (July – September) Plastic-Difficulty – Umweltbundesamt Dessau
- 2016 (Juli – August) carpetNOW – Archtictual Biennal Venice
- 2016 (Juli – August) carpetNOW – tim Museum Augsburg
- 2016 (April – June) What would you die for? – Bernheimer Contemporary @ Residenz Monbijou, Berlin
- 2016 (February – April) Reflection . self-reflection – Bernheimer Contemporary @ Residenz Monbijou, Berlin
- 2015 (December) Berlin and Munich in artistic dialogue – m+projekt Kunstraum, Munichs
- 2015 (November – December) THE TASTE OF ADDICTION – Bernheimer Contemporary @ Residenz Monbijou, Berlin
- 2015 (December) nice from far from nice – Pop-Up Restaurant with Bernheimer Contemporary & Moritz von Hohenzollern – Munich
- 2015 (November) PIN. Freunde der Pinakothek der Moderne e.V. – 13. BENEFIZAUKTION 2015
- 2015 (October) HIGHLIGHTS International Art Fair Munich – Gallery Bernheimer / Colnaghi, Munich/London
- 2015 (July – August) Who Cares? Social Responsibility in Contemporary Art – Bernheimer Contemporary @ Residenz Monbijou, Berlin
- 2014 (November) HIGHLIGHTS International Art Fair Munich – Gallery Bernheimer / Colnaghi, Munich/London
- 2014 (September) VANTIAS – Bernheimer Contemporary as guest at Bernheimer Fine Old Masters, Munich
- 2013 (October – November) The T.TABLE I – JRGallery, Berlin
- 2012 (May – June) PACKET-SOUP – SAVVY Contemporary Gallery, Berlin