Galerie Isabella Bortolozzi is looking for a Gallery Manager to oversee day-to-day operations across the two gallery spaces,
including exhibition production, administration, events and artist liaison.
Photo: via Isabella Bortolozzi
Skills and Experiences
Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 6.30 pm with additional evening events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing production, budgeting and and overseeing installation of exhibitions. Arranging travel and accommodation for artists.
- Liaising with with artists, technicians and suppliers, overseeing exhibition photography
- Handling requests from press and institutions, organise gallery mailings and printed material
- Maintain gallery websites, video platforms and artist portfolios
- Assist with preparations for art fairs
- Assist Gallery Directors in administrative tasks and correspondence
- Monitor general gallery maintenance and supplies orders
- Arrange travel & hotel schedules for Gallery Owner and Gallery Directors
Requirements for ideal candidate:
- At least five years of experience at a commercial gallery
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English, good working knowledge of German, knowledge of other languages is desirable
- Informed interest in contemporary art and sensitivity for practices of the gallery’s represented artists
- Ability to perform under pressure, high flexibility and self-initiative, excellent communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of Mac and Adobe computer programs and art database Artbutler is desirable
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with GALLERY MANAGER in the subject box.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Maintaining the artist and press archive
- Updating website, artist portfolios and biographies
- Greeting visitors and taking incoming phone calls
- Assisting with openings and general support during exhibitions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has as prior professional experience within the field of contemporary art
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills (German and English)
- Is highly organised, motivated and responsible
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress is desirable
To ensure a well-rounded and educational internship experience we ask for a commitment of at least 3 days per week.
Please submit your CV and references with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Galerie Isabella Bortolozzi
Schöneberger Ufer 61
Fon +49—(0)30—26 39 76 20
Tuesday—Saturday 12—6pm and by appointment